3 Reasons Why You Should Check Your Home Heating Maintenance System Regularly
As northerners, we know that fall signals the beginning of the cooler months and also is a great time for homeowners to prep for winter. Part of this preparation will be scheduling regular maintenance on your heating system. There are several reasons why you should opt to do regular maintenance on your HVAC system instead of waiting until problems arise.
In the same way that you do regular maintenance on your car, regular checks of your HVAC system can prevent unnecessary strain on the system. Not only does this waste less energy, but it makes the equipment safer to run, especially during periods of harsh cold temperatures. Just like you would never let the oil run dry in your car and then wait to fix your engine in the aftermath, you should never let your heating system go unchecked before the start of winter.
2. Money Savings
When your heating system is running properly, not only will there be less strain to the system, it will cost you less to heat your home. And the savings don’t stop with monthly bills. By catching issues with your HVAC system while they’re small and manageable, you’ll be saving yourself money by preventing big repairs, breakdowns, emergency house calls, and replacing your system before you need to replace it.
To learn more about this, check out our blog:
3. Extend the Life of Your System
A well-maintained system will run better and not put extra strain on system parts.This can extend the life of your system by years. Catching issues during regular checks before they damage the entire system will give you the biggest return on your investment.
What to Do
There are things you can do to help maintain your HVAC system.
- Keep debris and overgrowth away from your outdoor system
- Don’t lean anything up against your outdoor system
- For internal repairs, trust the experts. Schedule a regular maintenance annually
- Sign-up for recurring plans so you will be covered in the future. Check out this maintenance plan offered by Just In Case Plumbing and Electrical’s “Just For U” maintenance programs.
- Be sure to report any odds occurrences with your heating system such as odd noises, changes in the system’s ability to heat your home, or unresponsiveness to your temperature gage, etc. right away in between checks to ensure you stay on top of the issues.
Prevention is always preferable to handling emergency situations with your heating or HVAC system. This coming winter, be prepared and avoid costly repairs or system replacements by staying ahead of the game.